FilerPro is a replacement Filer for the desktop, that contains all the
functionality of the ROM-Filer and more. This is a demo version. Read the
!Help file to find out how to get the full version.
View recent changes.
Note: Links to the other documentation files won't work here.
List of main features
- Direct-Rename (Alt-click on object. For compatibility, you can choose
both, left, right or no Alt).
- Direct-Access (Alt-click on attributes as above).
- Direct-Settype (Alt-click on filetype as above).
- Select files in several viewers at once.
- Fast viewer update, uses Wimp_BlockCopy. Optional for tiled viewers.
- Hang-clicking is supported (and optional). Works for *Filer_Run too.
- Objects can optionally be hidden from view. The option is forced on if
the computer is locked.
- CTRL-open is not forgotten about.
- A status bar can show the size of your selection.
- Any function can be made available as a button on the status bar.
- Booting of applications happens in the background.
- Updates relevant files when a filetype sprite becomes available.
- The width of the objects is properly calculated, and the widest object
sets the standard in the viewer. This applies to both the name and the
- Key shortcuts for the majority of functions. Also things that are not in
the menus, like moving around in the viewer and running objects.
- Key shortcuts are fully definable, and unused shortcuts can be used for
- The input focus will never be 'stolen' from another application, unless
explicitly told to do so.
- A large number of things are customisable.
- Module is about 60K, written exclusively in assembler.
- Third-party extension modules for providing thumbnails for objects.
JPEG, Draw, Sprite and ARMovie clients included.
- Extended full-info display: Turn columns on and off or switch them
- All of the choices for a viewer can be stored locally for that viewer.
The stored information can optionally apply to all subdirectories as
- Seperate options for each file-operation, e.g. turn on Confirm for
delete, but not for everything else.
- Cache system for thumbnails, and option to save pieces of the cache in
the places where it will be needed.
- Service calls, wimp messages and SWIs allow applications to take
advantage of the Filer's extended abilities.
- System variables allow easy extensions without having to program.
- External Utilities are supported, functions can be added to the filer
- One simple Basic program is enough to make a converter utility.
- Settype menu contents and order is user defined.